Redfish OpenBMC OEM

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 30 06:42:14 AEDT 2020

On 1/29/2020 11:20 AM, James Feist wrote:

> Yes, from the comments:
>
> "Was this brought up to DMTF?
> https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/commit/40d68ef6ebe088e4cd0078f8ff4910ca58f2be5d
>
> I've created new thread on Redfish forum:
> https://redfishforum.com/thread/273/extending-virtualmedia-schema-proposal"

I am confused by the reply (3rd comment) on
https://redfishforum.com/thread/273/extending-virtualmedia-schema-proposal
Aren't you asking Redfish for a way to support Virtual Media via
WebSockets? What is called "Proxy Mode" in
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/VirtualMedia.md.
This would be the communication between bmcweb and the browser.
"WebSocket is a computer communications protocol, providing full-duplex
communication channels over a single TCP connection."

Isn't the "VirtualMedia" in the Redfish ManagerNetworkProtocol schema a
start?