Summarizing Meeting on BMC Aggregation

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 27 20:49:48 AEDT 2020

Hi Richard,

Thanks for capturing and sharing the discussion here. If I am reading it
all correct, it looks like the aggregator here is an external entity and
not part of one of the BMCs in the domain. To somewhat relate, this is
kind of an aggregator like Nagios. Did I get it correct ?

The email mentions "data and control". Could you give an example
solution on how below problem statements may be seen and executed by the
proposed aggregator ?

*Hypothetical Problems*:

Case-1 : I have 4 Nodes in the rack, with each having a BMC inside,
responsible for doing things for THAT node.
I want to power-on all the nodes in the rack and I want to use RedFish
from a Management console.
Where is the aggregator in this setup and how is it orchestrated ?

Case-2 : Some BMC fails to power on the container node and it needs to
report the error back to the initiator.

Thank you very much for taking this initiative,

!! Vishwa !!