x86 power control for multi host

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Jan 25 05:33:59 AEDT 2020

On 1/24/20, 9:24 AM, "James Feist" <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 1/23/20 1:37 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    > Thanks Jason for quick response.
    > Now my another question is can I get this configuration from entity manager for gpio lines or should I have a separate config.json file?

    Using EM in this context would allow a single image to support both a
    multi-host system and single host system. If that's possible I'd think
    that would be better. I guess the question becomes if you have some way
    to dynamically detect a multi-host system, that'd be better. If that's
    not possible, then you might be stuck with a hardcoded file.

James,
I agree that it would be great to detect multi host dynamically. But we still need to know different GPIO line name or number for each host to monitor. That's why we need this GPIO configuration. It is going to be runtime as user just need to change entries in EM json config. We may enhance this later on.