x86 power control for multi host

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Fri Jan 24 08:37:12 AEDT 2020

Thanks Jason for quick response.
Now my another question is can I get this configuration from entity manager for gpio lines or should I have a separate config.json file?

On 1/23/20, 10:48 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Bills, Jason M" <openbmc-bounces+vijaykhemka=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 1/21/2020 3:26 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    > Sorry, missed to add mailing list.
    >
    > *From: *Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com>
    > *Date: *Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 2:51 PM
    > *To: *James Feist <james.feist at linux.intel.com>,
    > "jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com" <jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com>
    > *Subject: *x86 power control for multi host
    >
    > Hi James/Jason,
    >
    > I am planning to modify x86 power control for multiple host support. As
    > it has hardcoded name host0 but we want to support for multiple number
    > of hosts based on configuration. I am thinking of reading different GPIO
    > lines for each host from a config.json file and then monitor different
    > gpios. Please suggest that if these configuration, I should read from
    > entity-manager >
    > Also looking forward to your thought of this feature addition in
    > existing daemon or should I have separate repo itself?
    If it's configurable, then I don't see any reason not to have it in the
    existing repo.  Is it okay to start there and see how big the impact is
    before deciding on a separate repo?