multiple device trees

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 15 06:06:01 AEDT 2020

On 1/13/20 5:56 PM, Brad Bishop wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience supporting multiple system configurations in a monolithic flash image with multiple device trees?  Did you consider this and do something else instead?

We haven't thought about implementation yet, but someone on our team did
some research into multiple dtb. In your conf file yocto lets you set
multiple device trees:

KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "${KMACHINE}-one.dtb \
                      ${KMACHINE}-two.dtb"

Then you can pick which one to boot into in u-boot:

bootm 20080000#conf at two.dtb

At some point we were going to put some more research into this method,
but we haven't yet.