MCTP over PCI on AST2500

Thomaiyar, Richard Marian richard.marian.thomaiyar at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 15 02:54:16 AEDT 2020

Yes Jeremy. We are aware about the limitation, but as Sharad stated, we
will be starting with D-Bus based approach, due to priority ( and then
move to socket based approach, at-least not immediately).

Having said that pushed a WIP document for both MCTP & PLDM (still in
high level, and low level implementation details capturing are in
progress). We can further discuss in the review (for better tracking).

1. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/28424/

2. https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/docs/+/28425/

Note: Proposal is to have a abstraction layer between D-Bus & Socket, so
that upper layers like PLDM can switch to socket-driver based approach
at later stage.

Related to MCTP over PCIe Iowna will send out a review which will be
along the MCTP base design document.

Regards,

Richard