multiple device trees

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Jan 14 21:52:50 AEDT 2020

> On Jan 14, 2020, at 5:39 AM, Konstantin Klubnichkin <kitsok at yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>

> Hello, Brad!
>
> I'm doing this using overlay DTS.
> I have a startup script that detects board type by GPIO pins and loads corresponding overlay.

Thanks for the reply Konstantin.  Does that mean you have the overlay patch applied to your kernel tree?

An alternative design that I am considering is having two complete device trees in a fit image, and u-boot reads the gpios to pick the correct dtb for linux.  Did you consider a design like that and if so, was there anything specific that sent you in the direction of overlays?

thx - brad