MCTP over PCI on AST2500

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue Jan 14 17:20:52 AEDT 2020

Hi Ketan,

Just a suggestion - you probably don't want to be passing MCTP messages over dbus - this is something we learnt from the IPMI implementation.

The current design of the mctp-demux-daemon (included in the libmctp codebase) is intended to provide an interface that will be easy to migrate to a future kernel implementation (ie., using sockets to pass MCTP messages), and allows multiple applications to be listening for MCTP messages of different types.

Regards,

Jeremy