MCTP over PCI on AST2500

Richard Hanley rhanley at google.com
Fri Jan 10 07:45:32 AEDT 2020

I'll add a +1 in interest for MCTP.

Performance would be better if this is moved to the kernel, but I'm a bit
curious about any other pros and cons of working in userspace.

One of our most immediate use cases for MCTP would be in a UEFI BIOS before
a Redfish client can be bootstrapped.  Would things be more portable for
BIOS vendors if this is done in userspace.  I genuinely don't know enough
about that area to know which is more flexible.

-Richard