Redfish Dump Service Proposal

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Thu Jan 9 07:04:34 AEDT 2020

> On Dec 13, 2019, at 3:01 PM, Bills, Jason M <jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> I like this as well.  I'm trying to support a CPU crashdump that would fit perfectly with this proposal.

Hi Jason

Could you say a few words about how your crash dump service works?  I’m asking because Dhruv is working on an implementation of this proposal:

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/28260

Right now it looks pretty POWER-centric but depending on how your code works I’m wondering which makes more sense:

1 - a single implementation with —-enable-power —-enable-x86 type configure options.

-or-

2 - two completely different implementations with the same dbus interfaces.

thoughts?