Possibility to move microsemi switchtec-user support from meta-facebook to a shared meta-layer

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Feb 25 13:26:03 AEDT 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 01:54:27PM -0800, Xiang Liu wrote:
> Hi Amithash and other openbmc contributors,
>
> It seems the Microsemi switchtec-user tool has been integrated to
> meta-facebook, the recipe is currently located at:
> https://github.com/facebook/openbmc/blob/eaf4d364e55f96a5b37331049db1a718d8667e5a/meta-facebook/meta-fbep/recipes-fbep/plat-libs/switchtec-user_2.2-rc1.bb
>
> I am wondering if this recipe could be moved to a shared meta-layer, like
> meta-phosphor or an upstream layer? As our team at Google will also need
> this tool.

Xiang,

Glad to hear you find this useful.  We won't ever import the meta-tree
at facebook/openbmc directly into openbmc/openbmc.  We've started a new
openbmc/meta-facebook for our machine specific support here.

If there are recipes under facebook/openbmc that you find useful and we
haven't already ported them to some openbmc/meta-* layer, feel free to
do so.  Off the top of my head I'm not sure the best place for this
particular recipe.

--
Patrick Williams