Security Working Group meeting - this Wednesday February 19 - summary results

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Sat Feb 22 07:29:43 AEDT 2020

On 2/21/20 12:21 PM, Bruce Mitchell wrote:

> [...]

I think the original motivation of 10 years was something above the
average support cycle of a server, so on first boot the user has
something they can use to login to the server with. That being said, if
the browser wont let you in, that is obviously more important. 30 days
seems a bit too strict considering shipping / unpacking times make it
likely you'll have an expired certificate upon arrival. But if we can't
come to an agreement, we can always make this configurable.