Mulit-platform feature

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 19 04:10:07 AEDT 2020

On 2/17/20 12:30 PM, Brandon Wyman wrote:
> Same idea, slightly different topic?
>
> "multiple device trees" ->
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2020-January/020171.html
>
> On 2020-01-09 02:12, Payne Yang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Is there a plan to support mulit-platform feature on OpenBMC in future ?
>>
>> Multi-platform means 1 BMC image could support multiple platform but
>> only single platform.

We currently do this using entity-manager configurations and component
detection, however as mentioned it requires similar device trees. We get
around this by having most of our designs have similar i2c topology, and
using a limited device tree and exporting devices during runtime. I
imagine at some point this will break and we'll need one of the
solutions in the other email thread as well.