Redfish security question (user enumeration)

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Tue Feb 11 04:35:20 AEDT 2020

The Redfish spec recently changed to allow users with the Login
privilege to enumerate all BMC users.  Previously only the admin user
could do this.  I disagree with this change and believe it is an
unnecessary information exposure.  Details are in the Redfish forum post.

https://redfishforum.com/thread/281/manageraccountcollection-change-allows-account-enumeration

Are we okay with this?  Do we ask Redfish to change it back?  Please

Thanks,
- Joseph