FW: Exposing BIOS attributes to a remote management console

Sekar, Suryakanth suryakanth.sekar at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 10 21:49:04 AEDT 2020

Hi Deepak,

OOB BIOS high level config design doc is in progress. I will send for
review soon.

Yes, we need to support all interface -IPMI/ MCTP/ Redfish Host interface.

If BIOS is not booted at all. BMC wont have any attribute info. It will
be empty in BMC side.

BIOS must provide BIOS OOB capability via KCS interface in early boot stage.
Like supported proprietary BIOS attribute file format or PLDM support
via MCTP  or
Redfish BIOS attribute registry format to the BMC.

BIOS must send the master BIOS attributes file(Intel properitary - XML
type 0)
via KCS interface or all attributes details via Bios configuration PLDM
via MCTP or
Redfish host interface during first boot.

BIOS must collect the new attribute values from BMC and update the same
in BIOS

BIOS must send the updated master attributes file to the BMC and once
its updated in BIOS

and reset the system to reflect the BIOS configuration.

OOB daemon in BMC  must maintain and collect the  attribute registry
file from MCTP/ IPMI/ Redfish interface.

Convert the proprietary XML format/ PLDM data  into BIOS attribute
Registry format &
must support the below following dbus method.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/18242

Validate the BIOS input data or User attribute value.

MCTP / Redfish host interface / IPMI must communicate with OOB daemon in
BMC via D bus

Thanks

Suryakanth.S