openbmc gerrit and jenkins upgrade - Dec 28, 2020

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 03:31:13 AEDT 2020

Greetings,

I’ve been putting a gerrit upgrade off for a while because:

a) this current version has been running very stable
b) my last upgrade experience was pretty rough
c) we keep flirting with just going to github and getting rid of gerrit

But it seems like the quiet holiday season is going to be my
best time to give it a go and a gerrit to github migration does
not appear to be imminent.

I know to get to the latest gerrit I’m going to have to do some
database migration work. I have no idea how long this is going
to take so I’d say plan for no gerrit during the US day time on
Monday Dec 28 (8am-5pm).

I’ll keep you posted in discord on the 28th.

Wish me luck,
Andrew