Action: OpenBMC 2.9 release candidate 1

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:53:00 AEDT 2020

Hopefully everyone has seen - we've tagged a release candidate,
2.9.0-rc1. We need to wrap up the release before the end of the year.

ToDo's:

1) Start testing the release candidate as soon as possible - post
results (email or discord), please openly discuss any problems that you
find on your system.  https://jenkins.openbmc.org/job/release-tag/9/

2) Clean up documentation, bring old docs current, add documentation for
new functionality.

3) Input needed for release notes - Either edit the wiki directly or
email me if that is easier for you.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Current-Release-Content

Master will not be frozen, new functionality can continue to make progress.

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)