NC-SI Asynchronous Event Notification (AEN) Implementation

Milton Miller II miltonm at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 8 02:25:16 AEDT 2020

On Dec 7, 2020 around 9:05AM, "Velumani T-ERS,HCLTech" <velumanit at hcl.com> wrote:

> Is NC-SI Asynchronous Event Notification (AEN) handler is already
>implemented in OpenBMC?.If yes kindly let me know which daemon is
>handling that.

The NC-SI Asynchronous Event Notification is processed.

The whole NCSI stack is inside the linux kernel.
The code is in the net/ncsi directory.

What action are you expecting on an AEN notification?

There current NC-SI stack tries to handle switching the network
to the host that is up, and there are netlink messages to control
which packages and ports are considered for traffic.

Unfornately the current model does not allow link state to be
reflected to userspace.

I have been studing the stack recently and am looking at making
changes,but have other work that leaves me little time to work on
this.

milton