Seek feedback: BMC console and debug info

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Wed Aug 26 13:35:28 AEST 2020

Yes, this would be useful to others.  A number of commercial stacks
(including some I helped write) have this feature, and I had hoped
someone would tackle it at some point in the future.

My only comment is I'd rather that we don't duplicate the endpoints in
Redfish, and have both a Console and a ConsoleDownload collection.  If
we need a mechanism to download the full log files, I'd recommend that
the Console endpoint obey an Accept header of "text/plain;
charset=utf-8" and an Accept-Encoding header of "gzip".  That way,
we're still meeting the intent of the HTTP and Redfish specs, even if
we're providing more data download options than they require.

Other than that, yeah, sounds great, lets see the patchset.

-Ed