systemd clarification

Mike Jones proclivis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 04:03:23 AEST 2020

Bruno,

A related question.

When I look through the services and targets installed when including meta-phosphor, power on/off seems to lead to dead ends, meaning no exe to do the work.

So I looked at meta-facebook, and it adds host-poweron.service, which calls exec power-util…

So it seems to me that meta-phosphor only puts in the infrastructure, and a particular use/design requires adding services to do the actual work of power on/off. This seems logical wrt factoring out behaviors. Is this correct?

This would mean in my cause of use meta-raspberrypi, I need to add the missing pieces if I want power control of my externally connected regulators to get powered on/off.

Mike