moving meta-{openpower, x86, arm} content to meta-phosphor

Ed Tanous ed at tanous.net
Sat Aug 22 02:56:25 AEST 2020

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:23 PM 郁雷 <yulei.sh at bytedance.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:17 PM Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please share your thoughts on the matter.
> >

> The whole idea looks good and it makes the layers simpler.
>
> One concern would be, what if we have recipes with the same name in
> (previous) different layers?
>
> E.g. in case we had:
>   meta-openpower/recipes-xxx/foo1/bar.bb
>   meta-x86/recipes-xxx/foo2/bar.bb
> And if we move the layers into the meta-phosphor, and a build picks
> the bar.bb recipe, what will happen?

I believe what Brad is proposing actually fixes your issue.  The meta
layers essentially go away, and your examples become:

meta-phosphor/recipes-power/bar/bar.bb
meta-phosphor/recipes-x86-intel/bar/bar.bb

At which point you immediately would get a warning that you have
duplicated recipe names, and we as a community can figure out how best
to disambiguate the two recipes.