CI job is failing on with lto for libipmi

Ren, Zhikui zhikui.ren at intel.com
Sat Aug 8 09:02:42 AEST 2020

Does anyone know what could be causing this CI build failure?

gnu/crtn.o  -flto -g -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libipmi20.so.0 -o .libs/libipmi20.so.0.0.0

during IPA pass: cp

lto1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

Please submit a full bug report,

See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-10/README.Bugs<file://usr/share/doc/gcc-10/README.Bugs>> for instructions.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: g++ returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/usr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

make[2]: *** [Makefile:1112: libipmi20.la] Error 1

I noticed this failure from one of my reviews in phosphor-net-impi.
I pushed a white space change for testing, it failed the same way.
I just saw it failed the same way with a Gerrit review for phosphor-pid-control,
which means no change in the phosphor-net-ipmi.

Thanks,
Zhikui