[OpenBMC] ADD SEL Command , support or not

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 7 01:58:41 AEST 2020

On 8/5/2020 7:19 PM, Tiger Liu(BJ-RD) wrote:
> Hi, Experts:
>
> I have a question about “ADD SEL” command.
>
> I am trying OpenBMC Code with a motherboard(with AST2500 chip).
>
> I tried to send an ADD SEL command to BMC FW, but failed.
>
> The response data’s record ID is all FF, it seemed not a normal record ID.
>
> So, my question is:
>
> Current OpenBMC Firmware supports “ADD SEL” command?
In intel-ipmi-oem, we don't support adding raw data to the IPMI SEL, so
the ADD SEL command is overridden to add the raw SEL data to the Redfish
event log.  It will return 0xFFFF to show that the command was
successful but no valid IPMI SEL entry was added, which may be what you
are seeing if you use intel-ipmi-oem.