add multi-host support in the phosphor-post-code-manager

Manikandan manikandan.hcl.ers.epl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:18:56 AEST 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:20:16AM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:30:13PM +0530, Manikandan wrote:
> > Approach 1: << run the multiple process >>
> >
> > Create and run the multiple phosphor-post-code-manager process to handle each host postcode history.
>
> I would lean towards this implementation because I think it is more
> flexible in the long term.  Some multi-host systems are hot-pluggable
> such that you do not statically know how many you're going to have.  In
> some cases you have cards that take up two or three slots, so you really
> don't know the correct topology until you've done discovery.

    Hi Patrick,

      our platform also hot-plug-able and supports maximum four host
      with different hardware topology. Do we need register and unregister
      based on hosts inserted or removed from the slot.

      The multi-host support on obmc-console, host-logger and x86-power-control
      based on number of host passed from receipe.

      I have updated design docuement in below Gerrit and your comments
      will helpful regards hot-plug-able host D-Bus creation and deletion.
      https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/35065

    Thanks
    Mani.E