using third party library

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Aug 1 02:30:53 AEST 2020

Thanks Patrick,
I like the idea to have separate recipe in openembedded, let me look for including this recipe in openembedded.

Regards
-Vijay

On 7/31/20, 6:08 AM, "Patrick Williams" <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:

    On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 08:32:00PM +0000, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    > There is no recipe available. It is just a github project and either we can add as a SRC_URI+ into our recipe or write a new recipe to build a package. This is header only library, all sources are in header file itself. So we should be able to just add as SRC_URI. I have no idea about how licensing will work here.

    I don't think you should add an additional SRC_URI onto your package in
    order to get this dependency even though it is header-only.  There are
    other header-only repositories that have recipes, such as nlohmann-json.

    If you were to add this as an SRC_URI it would complicate the LICENSE
    setting in your recipe because your code is Apache but you're also
    including an MIT component.  It is clearer to simply have another recipe
    that is MIT licensed, as appropriate.

    The recommendation that "this belongs in openembedded" means we probably
    shouldn't be carrying around the recipe for it ourselves since it has
    potentially wider applicability than OpenBMC.  We [you] can contribute
    the recipe upstream to OE and we'll get it indirectly that way.  We
    similarlly did this for 'libmimetic' recently.

    --
    Patrick Williams