Question about OpenBMC Remote BIOS configuration proposal

Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) abner.chang at hpe.com
Sat Aug 1 00:20:37 AEST 2020

Hi Sakar, thanks for the response.
After some conversations with OpenBMC people, I recognized RBC daemon is standardized and Intel or IBM have their own implementations to collaborate with RBC daemon.

For the OEM ipmi commands defined for BIOS and bmc communication, you probably can join  Redfish Host Interface meeting because we are defining the IPMI Redfish command in this meeting. You may also reach out to John Leun from intel, who is the representative of Intel for that meeting.

I may have PR of the Remote Bios  configuration document for some  cosmetic revises and make this spec more clear on system firmware point of view.

Thanks
Abner