OpenBMC 2.8 Release

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 30 03:00:51 AEST 2020

On 4/29/2020 10:48 AM, Kurt Taylor wrote:
> just add it directly here:
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Current-Release-Content

Added:

  * Yocto refresh to "Dunfell" version 3.1
  * Redfish support for: full certificate management, complete LDAP
    management, full sensor support, event service schema, task schema
  * Move to Redfish Specification 1.9.0
  * Redfish support for 2019.4 Schemas
  * GUI enhancements: LDAP, certificate management

And removed "|Redfish configuration backup and restore function|".
James, Jason are you okay with the Redfish list above?Should we add
something about Storage & Drives? Anything else?

Should we add something about the Kernel? "Move to 5.4"?

Anything for PLDM / MCTP? For the 2.7 release it says "Partial PLDM
Support" and "Partial MCTP Support".

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/release/release-notes.md