Power monitoring and management

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Apr 29 03:57:58 AEST 2020

On 4/28/20, 6:17 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Matt Spinler" <openbmc-bounces+vijaykhemka=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of mspinler at linux.ibm.com> wrote:

    On 4/28/2020 3:23 AM, 张黎明 wrote:
    > hello,
    > We have a functional requirement - the AST2400 sends a PWR_ON pin down
    > signal for 100 ms to CPLD to request that the server power on. The
    > CPLD change PGOOD pin up and powers on the system. If the CPLD
    > receives a continuous PWR_ON pin down signal for 4 s, it will
    > immediately shut down the server and change PGOOD pin down. We changed
    > the "PGOOD"、"POWER_PIN" pin definition in
    > /etc/default/obmc/gpio/gpio_defs.json file, but it does not work.where
    > should we change the definition of these pins to make it meet our
    > needs, and how to add a delay for PWR_ON pin.

    The  code that handles gpio_defs.json is
    https://github.com/openbmc/skeleton/tree/master/op-pwrctl, though I
    believe there is an alternate version that uses entity manager to get
    the GPIO definitions somewhere else.  You should be able to modify that
    as necessary to meet your needs.

We have x86-power-control which monitors these GPIOs and take appropriate actions.
You need to define these GPIOs in dts file for pin maping to GPIO line name.