Request for Feedback :: Time Mode setting in timemanager

Vishwanatha Subbanna vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 27 20:34:18 AEST 2020

Hi,

Further to the proposal I made to the community about removing TimeOwner feature, George Liu ( Thank you ) has put up a commit to :

- Remove TimeOwner feature :                          https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-time-manager/+/31278/
- Consume changes to NTP/MANUAL settings immediately: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/phosphor-time-manager/+/31284/

We have had many discussions with needed people here in IBM and we agree to the proposal.

With that said: Both IPMI and PLDM will now use "/xyz/openbmc_project/time/bmc” as part of SetTime/GetTime instead of “/xyz/openbmc_project/time/host”

Thank you all for contributing into this discussion.

!! Vishwa !!