Adding new machine in CI, Tacoma

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 02:02:29 AEST 2020

Hi All,

IBM has created a new system called witherspoon-tacoma. It’s based on our
Witherspoon system but it uses an AST2600 instead of an AST2500. We’re
utilizing the larger emmc based flash that comes with it to add additional
functions (like mctp/pldm).

Witherspoon is currently the system that we run all meta-* commits through on HW
CI. I’m looking to transition our HW CI to this new Tacoma based system. It will
be faster (the AST2600 gets to Ready state 4x faster then the AST2500, and the
emmc code update is also quite a bit faster), and it will test more OpenBMC
functions.

The first step is adding this new Tacoma machine to our CI compile. When adding
a new system, it’s always nice to remove one. Once we fully switch over to
Tacoma I think we can remove Witherspoon, but until then we’ll need both. On my
chopping block would be Zaius, Romulus, or Palmetto but I know in the past all
have been requested to stay so I think for now we’ll just deal with the
addition.

If anyone has thoughts or concerns, let me know.

Andrew