phosphor-dbus-interfaces modification process for existing YAML

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Apr 22 21:43:49 AEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 01:00:40PM +0200, Adrian Ambrożewicz wrote:
> We would need to extend it with new hierarchy/namespace : utilization,
> and corresponding Unit: Percent.

Seems reasonable to me.

> Should I push change directly to review or do I need to discuss it
> earlier with someone? My first thought was to address
> https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/architecture/sensor-architecture.md
> , however this document doesn't seem to address these details.

It sounds like a straight-forward enough change to just put up a commit
that changes the phosphor-dbus-interfaces.  Since you're also proposing
a new hierarchy for these sensors to fit under, there isn't likely to be
any backwards compatibility issues are there?  If there are, that's
probably when we'd want to expand the scope to a design document.

--
Patrick Williams