Security Working Group - Wednesday April 1

Anton Kachalov rnouse at google.com
Tue Apr 21 20:39:09 AEST 2020

So far there is an issue with D-Bus:

https://github.com/freedesktop/dbus/blob/master/bus/apparmor.c#L126

John Johansen has confirmed that the mainline kernel will not have
the apparmorfs/features/dbus/mask file until the mainline kernel
has AppArmor getpeersec support.

If I'm not mistaken, we do not run dbus daemons, only dbus-broker that is
clearly lack of AppArmor support:

https://github.com/bus1/dbus-broker/issues/169

https://github.com/bus1/dbus-broker/blob/master/src/launch/launcher.c#L1327