nvme sensors

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Apr 18 04:41:56 AEST 2020

On 4/17/20, 11:11 AM, "Benjamin Fair" <benjaminfair at google.com> wrote:

    On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 11:05, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com> wrote:

    > On 4/16/20, 4:35 PM, "Benjamin Fair" <benjaminfair at google.com> wrote:
    >
    >     On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 16:15, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com> wrote:
    >     >
    >     > Currently, dbus-sensors support reading NVME sensors via mctp only. It uses
    >     > libmctp and some of smbus patch from Intel. It also uses slave mqueue mctp
    >     > kernel driver which is not upstream.
    >     >
    >     > So currently it is not matured and fully upstreamed.
    >     >
    >     > James, how can we use this without mctp. I don't see any non mctp support like
    >     > Sending direct smbus command, please advise if I missed it.
    >
    >     If you want to use NVME-MI without MCTP, this use case is supported by
    >     phosphor-nvme. It makes direct SMBus calls.
    >
    > Ben, thanks I see that but it needs certain GPIOs like PwrGd, presence and I am trying to find if
    > Our platform support any such GPIOs.

    If your platform doesn't have these GPIOs, we should be able to make
    phosphor-nvme more flexible and not require them. It was designed for
    one system at first with the expectation that it could become more
    general over time.

Cool, That will be great. I also don't see recipe file for this. And how easy/hard to integrate this
with entity manager as we use entity manager to list all sensors.