objc console new design

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Apr 15 05:07:37 AEST 2020

On 4/9/20, 9:47 PM, "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew at aj.id.au> wrote:

    On Tue, 7 Apr 2020, at 05:11, Vijay Khemka wrote:

    > On 4/5/20, 5:10 AM, "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew at aj.id.au> wrote:
    >

    >     On Sat, 4 Apr 2020, at 08:09, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    >     >
    >     > Hi Andrew,
    >     >
    >     > How is server launched as per new design code. With latest update,
    >     > console server is not launching in our platform. I saw config option
    >     > “OBMC_CONSOLE_HOST_TTY ?= "ttyVUART0" “ has been removed from bb file
    >     > and also there is no triggering point in obmc-console-ssh socket and
    >     > service like earlier Wants=obmc-console@{OBMC_CONSOLE_HOST_TTY}.service
    >     > <mailto:Wants=obmc-console@%7bOBMC_CONSOLE_HOST_TTY%7d.service>.
    >     >
    >     >
    >     > I see udev rules added in latest patch for launching server which needs
    >     > config definition of udev, do we need this for launching, please advise.
    >
    >     Yes, obmc-console now ships a udev rules file that launches
    > obmc-console-server
    >     via an `ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}` directive:
    >
    > If this is mandatory then why do we need to enable UDEV config as it
    > should be enabled by default.

    It's not mandatory, just I don't know the requirements of any systems that
    aren't using udev. The switch exists in obmc-console so you can implement
    support for systems without udev if that's desired. Maybe adding the switch
    was premature?

As per new design, udev rule is the only one who can start server . So if anyone using
SoL needs to use this rules so I guess this udev switch is not required as this is a
mandatory options.

    Andrew