Sensor history

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Apr 14 06:39:20 AEST 2020

at 5:00 PM, Vernon Mauery <vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On 30-Mar-2020 08:02 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
>> Is there any implementation for reading sensor history. Please point me
>> to the repo or code base.
> I do not believe that the BMC is storing any sensor history.

There were some interfaces added to the openpower namespace for this kind
of thing.
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/tree/master/org/open_power/Sensor/Aggregation/History

The application implementing them is in the phosphor-power repository
(power-supply).

> To get this, you would need to poll the sensors and store the values on
> another machine.

To implement the Redfish Telemetry service would we need to store them on
the BMC as well?

-brad