Dead machines?

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Apr 3 02:42:05 AEDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 8:30 AM Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> Patrick [Venture],
>
> I even got a bounce from the only person @hxt-semi that has committed to
> this repo.  Can you help track this down?
>
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 04:32:51PM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As part of the python2 -> 3 transition, I was looking for recipes that are
> > still have a "inherit pythonnative" line to see how much farther we have
> > until python2 is eliminated.
> >
> > I came across two machines that have recipes using the very old
> > "config-in-skeleton" feature and include python2 machine configuration
> > scripts.  Running python 2to3 on the contained scripts give parsing errors
> > even.
> >
> > Do these machines even build and run anymore?  Is anyone planning to maintain
> > them, or should we delete them?  The last time either meta was touched
> > in a meaningful way was a year ago.
> >
> > ./meta-hxt/meta-stardragon4800-rep2/recipes-phosphor/workbook/stardragon4800-rep2-config.bb
> > ./meta-qualcomm/meta-centriq2400-rep/recipes-phosphor/workbook/centriq2400-rep-config.bb

I don't plan to maintain them as I have no mechanism for testing them
beyond just building.  As for deleting them - I can't say whether that
is appropriate - if anyone is using them - perhaps we drop the include
from openbmc/openbmc and then if nobody complains after N months, we
archive the meta-hxt repo, or?