Dead machines?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Apr 2 08:32:51 AEDT 2020

Hello,

As part of the python2 -> 3 transition, I was looking for recipes that are
still have a "inherit pythonnative" line to see how much farther we have
until python2 is eliminated.

I came across two machines that have recipes using the very old
"config-in-skeleton" feature and include python2 machine configuration
scripts.  Running python 2to3 on the contained scripts give parsing errors
even.

Do these machines even build and run anymore?  Is anyone planning to maintain
them, or should we delete them?  The last time either meta was touched
in a meaningful way was a year ago.

./meta-hxt/meta-stardragon4800-rep2/recipes-phosphor/workbook/stardragon4800-rep2-config.bb
./meta-qualcomm/meta-centriq2400-rep/recipes-phosphor/workbook/centriq2400-rep-config.bb

--
Patrick Williams