Question of Lost Dbus

Spencer Ku (古世瑜) Spencer.Ku at quantatw.com
Wed Apr 1 12:51:19 AEDT 2020

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the comments. Channel config has already defined in our system,

actually most of ipmi commands can work normally. The config in our system like below:

"0" : {
"name" : "IPMB",
"is_valid" : true,
"active_sessions" : 0,
"channel_info" : {
"medium_type" : "ipmb",
"protocol_type" : "ipmb-1.0",
"session_supported" : "session-less",
"is_ipmi" : true
}
},
"1" : {
"name" : "eth0",
"is_valid" : true,
"active_sessions" : 0,
"channel_info" : {
"medium_type" : "lan-802.3",
"protocol_type" : "ipmb-1.0",
"session_supported" : "multi-session",
"is_ipmi" : true
}
},
"2" : {
"name" : "eth1",
"is_valid" : true,
"active_sessions" : 0,
"channel_info" : {
"medium_type" : "lan-802.3",
"protocol_type" : "ipmb-1.0",
"session_supported" : "multi-session",
"is_ipmi" : true
}

But some lan configuration commands like “IPv6 Static Addresses” will use following DBus:

xyz.openbmc_project.Network.IP.Create

Since our system doesn’t have that Dbus, the setting will fail.

“Chassis capabilities” and ACPI command also have the same problem.

So I want to know that are there some settings or packages I lost.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Spencer Ku