Chassis sled cycle

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Apr 1 07:32:10 AEDT 2020

On 3/31/20, 10:53 AM, "Benjamin Fair" <benjaminfair at google.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 13:00, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com> wrote:

    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > We have a requirement of Chassis sled cycle and it can be achieved by sending an i2c command to hotswap controller. Is there any plan to add this feature in x86-power-control. It should take i2c bus address from configuration file.
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > -Vijay

    This feature is implemented on some systems using an IPMI OEM command:
    https://github.com/openbmc/google-ipmi-sys#delayedhardreset---subcommand-0x03

    It currently just activates the systemd target
    gbmc-psu-hardreset.target and lets you register services to do the
    actual hotswap reset (usually by toggling a GPIO). Having a unified
    solution in x86-power-control for this would be great!

Ben, Can you please share content of
 https://github.com/openbmc/google-ipmi-sys/blob/master/gbmc-psu-hardreset.target
as my assumption is each platform needs to provide this file but I couldn't find any platform
using this. I only found reference in meta-quanta which is deleting this file. So please
provide a reference to this file.