huntergate not included in intel-ipmi-oem

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 31 04:23:20 AEDT 2019

On 10/30/19 10:16 AM, Patrick Venture wrote:
> James;
>
> It looks ilke huntergate has a cmake file in intel-ipmi-oem but it's
> not actually explicitly included.  Is this an oversight?  Or is it
> implicitly included?
>
> We ran into an issue with non-bitbake dependencies a while back
> (leading to: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/entity-manager/+/24581)
> and I wondered if this was needed here or if huntergate was just
> present but not actually downloaded/built.
>
> Cmake is not all magic, but maybe this is magic.

Looks like in some of the reformatting it was removed. Hunter was
originally used to download dependencies, entity-manager still builds
completely out of tree and uses it to install GTest (although an
alternative could probably be used as well, hunter was just easy at the
time). I know a while back Vernon got tired of maintaining all of the
dependencies, so intel-ipmi-oem no longer builds without the CI docker
or Yocto. That file can probably just be deleted now.

-James