Could someone help to review bmcweb code?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Oct 29 04:47:23 AEDT 2019

> On Oct 28, 2019, at 1:08 PM, James Feist <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/28/19 5:51 AM, Carol Wang wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I wanna know who can help to review bmcweb code? I'm not sure if the list of maintainers I added
>> is changed or not. This is the link of my coding about setting PowerCap. ---->
>> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/26223
>
> It looks like this patch has been -1ed for over a week,

Actually it got the -1 just last Wednesday.  Prior to that it had a +1 without any -1s for 6 days.

> generally the maintainers will not look at a patch that has been -1ed.

I don’t agree with this and I’d suggest you don’t make this your general policy.  If you do this, then you are going to miss reviewers giving people bad advice, which the reviewers will then implement at great waste of time.  I see kernel maintainers correcting bad advice from reviewers all the time.

> I would work with the community to come to resolution and get some +1s.

Carol responded to the feedback (with questions, that remain unanswered) the same day it was given, 5 days ago.  I’d say "working with the community" is exactly what Carol is trying to do here.