How to use phosphor-ipmi-flash

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Tue Oct 29 01:33:40 AEDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:32 AM Bright Cheng/WYHQ/Wiwynn
<Bright_Cheng at wiwynn.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I installed phosphor-ipmi-flash, phosphor-ipmi-blob and ipmi-blob-tool in BMC and tried host-tool in Linux to update via ipmilpc.
>

> Following are command and its response:
>
> # ./burn_my_bmc --command update --interface ipmilpc --image /root/obmc-image/image-bmc --sig /root/obmc-image/image-bmc.sig --type static --ignore-update --address 0x1 --length 1024
>
> /flash/static not found
>

> Should I add “/flash/static” to <<config-static-bmc.json.in>> for getting this “/flash/static” blob?
>
> If yes, how to set <<config-static-bmc.json.in>> if I want to update BMC via ipmilpc?

Both of these questions really point to the BMC's configuration --
what is your recipe configuring?  For instance:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_fakesystem = " aspeed-p2a reboot-update static-bmc"
IPMI_FLASH_BMC_ADDRESS_fakesystem = "0x47FF0000"

Will enable the aspeed-p2a controller, reboot-update and enable the
config-static-bmc.json file.

You can find the list of currently supports options here:

https://github.com/openbmc/meta-phosphor/blob/master/recipes-phosphor/ipmi/phosphor-ipmi-flash_git.bb#L21