openbmc power-control can't work OK.

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Sat Oct 26 02:59:49 AEDT 2019

I'm copying the mailing list in case there are others who have similar
questions.

On 10/25/2019 2:57 AM, 阿桂 wrote:
>     Hi, jason
>           Could you help me, please ? My board is not a evb board, but
> it is x86 platform. So i build openbmc *meta-s2600wf*(commit
> ID c549f3a7f5496ec3b54ed65c8b4d8351db10995e) instead,which use
> x86-power-control version f61ca6fdcc52beba485e014b5fad38a9e9a555ad
> <https://github.com/openbmc/x86-power-control/commit/f61ca6fdcc52beba485e014b5fad38a9e9a555ad>.
> But when i use "ipmitools chassis power status" commond to get host
> status at my board, it point out "Get Chassis Power Status failed:
> Unspecified error", journalctl -f command refer to "ipmid[279]: Failed
> to fetch ACBoot property, ipmid[279]: Failed to fetch RestartCause
> property". It seems there have no property in dbus.  Where is the dbus
> property ACBoot and RestartCause defined?I'm puzzled about this
> /situation. Could you///give me some suggestions?

This is because the IPMI chassis power status command gets the power
status by calling the IPMI chassis status command which requires a lot
of other information such as the restart cause and AC fail status to
return successfully.

The ACBoot property is provided by a small script that we run to get the
reset reason from uboot.  You can find it here:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-core/ac-boot-check.

The RestartCause property recently moved to x86-power-control and is
being synced up in this review:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/x86-power-control/+/26491.

Thanks,
-Jason