How to storage SEL in firmware chip

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 22 10:09:46 AEDT 2019

On 10/21/2019 12:58 AM, 杜正高 wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I am new learner of openbmc,Can I ask you some questions ?
> While I scan openbmc in github,I found you add SEL(base on journal) feature.
> and I find a question,I reset BMC,the log can not store,
> I want to know,Can you storage the SEL in frimware chip ?

Hi dzg,

I'm adding the OpenBMC mailing list in case others have similar questions.

I ran into some issues when attempting to persist the journal to flash.
You can see the details in my last update here:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/+/12951.

To persist the SEL to flash, we use rsyslog to get SEL entries from the
journal when they are logged and add them to a syslog file that is
stored in the persistent /var/log folder.

Here is our rsyslog configuration:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-extended/rsyslog/rsyslog/rsyslog.conf.

Thanks,
-Jason