Redfish Aggregator

Deepak Kodihalli dkodihal at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 18 15:53:15 AEDT 2019

On 18/10/19 5:14 AM, Richard Hanley wrote:
> Hi Brad and Ed,
>
> I wanted to check in with you and the rest of the community about the
> design path and requirements we're considering for a Redfish Aggregator.
>
> When I think about an Aggregator in this context, I'm thinking about
> several Redfish services that are connected to each other using a
> star topology.  The central service would be the only service exposed to
> clients on the outside network.
>
> The central service would for all intents and purposes look like a
> single service to clients, and on the backend it would act as a proxy to
> the other hidden services.

Would the redfish aggregator talk Redfish to the endpoints? Or could
they communicate via other (inband) protocols? Just curious if this will
be left to the implementation or will this be specified.

Also, if this is applied to a multi-chassis system (where each chassis
has a BMC), could any BMC take up the role of an aggregator dynamically?

Thanks,
Deepak