x86-power-control

Oskar Senft osk at google.com
Fri Oct 18 00:38:14 AEDT 2019

Hi Michael

Why in a target system wouldn't naming it in DTS be the most reliable and
> most easily accessible mechanism?  I can see that in development being
> able to define
> things helps, but it is not like the production systems would have
> wire-wrap
> where the GPIO pin might change.

I totally agree. I was actually experimenting on our platform (TYAN S7106)
to name GPIO pins in the DTS, but I couldn't figure out how to read those
names from userspace.

Here's what I tried in the DTS:

&gpio {
        pin_gpio_d2 {
                gpios = <ASPEED_GPIO(D, 2) GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
                input;
                line-name = "SYS_PWROK_BUF";
        };

However, from what I can tell line-name is actually only relevant when used
together with "gpiohog", which is not what we want.

Did you manage to make this work?

Thanks
Oskar.