[External] Re: IPMI SEL Event ID

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 16 03:30:50 AEDT 2019

On 10/15/2019 3:11 AM, Ivan Li11 wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> New SEL ID is still not from base number(1) after "sel clear" command with the fix you provided.
> Is there any setting I need to notice that?
> Please help to advise it.

Do you use rsyslog files or DBus entries for the SEL log?  The fix I
made works only for rsyslog files by checking if the files have been
deleted (after a SEL Clear) and resets to 1 if they have.

If you are using DBus for SEL log entries, then the logic to initialize
and increment the SEL Record ID will need to be updated to also check DBus.

Thanks,
-Jason