Virtual Media

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Fri Oct 11 06:30:04 AEDT 2019

Hi Pawel,

> We're currently in the middle of Virtual Media implementation based on
> design:
> https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/VirtualMedia.md
> [1]
>
> There are few patches in review to bmcweb which enables feature as
> above. There are few minor differences which made it not 100%
> compatible with
>
> yours (i.e. different endpoints), on the other hand it has some
> benefits, like support for Redfish Virtual Media.

Great, agree, the project direction is to move to Redfish.

> As It's reasonable not to support two different implementations of
> same functionality, I'd like to ask you to review those patches,
>
> and see if we can agree to have one common implementation in bmcweb.

I support the Redfish implementation, let's just make sure that the web
UI
transitions to the new Virtual Media implementation before deprecating
any existing endpoints.

As for the bmcweb changes, I'm not really an expert there so will defer
the maintainers on approving how it's implemented.