chassis power status seems to not be changed when type command to shutdown OS

Zheng Bao fishbaoz at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 01:53:15 AEDT 2019

How does the "ipmitool power on/off"  do to power on/off the host? I assume it need to trigger the power
button connected to BMC gpio, right? But I am not quite sure about the path which the message goes from ipmitool
to gpio.

What I have got:
1. The gpio defined in machine layer, gpio_defs.json, which is handled by obmc-libobmc-intf.
2. obmc-libobmc-intf is part of "skeleton“.
    The decription of skeleton on github says "Area for initial design & reference code. Will be replaced with proper implementation and design docs. " What does it mean?

Am I on track? Is power on/off gpio handled by skeleton? Thanks.

Can any big boy give some hint? Thanks.

Zheng