license conflicts with OpenSSL

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Fri Nov 29 22:27:31 AEDT 2019

Hi Young and all!

I checked and I can say that ipmitool needs readline solely for ipmishell
support. I think that if ipmitool is confgured with --disable-ipmishell, then
there will be no license clash with readline as it won't be linked.

The requirement for ncurses looks totally obsolete. Nothing seems to change if I
just drop the requirement for tgetent(), which is what requires ncurses. The
tgetent() function is never called from anywhere in ipmitool code. I think I
will just drop the requirement for ncurses from ipmitool soon.

With best regards,
Alexander Amelkin,
Maintainer of ipmitool
https://github.com/ipmitool/ipmitool